2.17.2010

//pillow talk...

Firstly, excuse the super corny title, but once I thought of it I just couldn't think of anything else.

Now the story...
Today I caught my two puppies, Noodle and the Beard, in the act of chewing my awesome IKEA duvet cover (image below - note: before the two hounds chewed it).


Luckily the European standard double-bed duvet sizes are over-sized on the South African duvets... so I can fix it. However, that doesn't mean that I didn't smack them silly and ended up feeling like an abusive mother. And this is also unfortunately not the first time this has happened - all my pillows don't have corners and look really trailer trash. The hounds seem to have a specific appetite for linen - pillows, throws, towels and as it turns out IKEA duvet covers). So this was all happening while I was on my "lunch-break"... I work from home so "lunch break" means get up and walk away from my Mac and do something awesome. However todays event got me so worked up I ended up back at my Mac, frantically searching for a solution to stop them from chewing my linen. I was desperate - even if it means I have to sew nasty pleather pillows. Which is when I found this:

And it cheered me up. Especially when I read this on their site and I quote: "Pillowig" is hand made wearable pillow comforting trieness of people in daily lives, enabling users to sleep comfortably whenever and whenever they’d like. When user test is done in public spaces - subway, airplane, library, class room and laundromat, viewers commented: “I would like to have it for my trip.”, “Very funny.” “This is practical, but a laugh, too." And then I decided to spend the rest of my "lunch-break" researching awesome pillows. And then I found this awesome i-sleep pillow which I really want to get for Travis.


And a few more which I will share tomorrow...

I hope they made you smile because they made me go from "abusive, swearing dog owner" to "giggling, happy pillow lover" x






No comments:

Post a Comment